Do you need information about the corona virus?
Do you have questions about the coronavirus and how you can prevent yourself and others from getting ill? Please refer to updated information on regjeringen.no.
Do you suspect that you are infected with the corona virus? Do you have questions concerning testing? Contact Kvam Medical Service on (+47) 468 04 366 (Mon - Fri, 08.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m).
The municipal testing station is situated at Sandven, near Kvam Auto (follow signs, refer to this map for further directions). Make an appointment before you go to the testing station.
What to do if you have newly arisen respiratory tract symptoms?
- Stay at home from work / school / childcare.
- If a child 0-12 only has a runny nose or mucus / snot and otherwise feels well, the child can go to childcare / school and does not need to be tested for COVID-19.
- Parents may consider testing the child for COVID-19, and should call a doctor / GP, if they are worried about the child.
- Adults / adolescents should get tested.
- If your symptoms completely disappear after 1 day, you can return to work / school / childcare without taking a test.
- If the test result is negative: stay at home until you feel better, and you have not had a fever during the past 24 hours. For most people, this means staying at home for a couple of days. Call a doctor / GP if the symptoms are serious or persist over a long period of time.
- If the test result is positive, you must go into isolation at home for 5 days (starting from when the symptoms first started. You must be fever free for at least 24 hours without use of antipyretic medications. If you have taken a rapid antigen test with a positive result, you must take a confirmatory PCR test at a municipal test station (see above for contact information in Kvam).