Sports associations in Kvam:
The links go to their Norwegian-language web sites.
An aquacentre, Hardangerbadet, is currently being built in Øystese, through a public-private co-operation. The centre is expected to open on December 15, 2019. It will feature swimming pools, a healthcare centre, a hotel and an exhibition centre for the aquaculture industry.
There are also swimming pools in Strandebarm and Ålvik. On the Norwegian-language pages of each of the pools, you can find their opening hours (from fall to spring) and further information.
The municipality of Kvam has four sports halls, three of which are publicly owned:
These halls are used by schools and by local sport associations. They're also available for rent, for events etc. For more information, click the link to each separate sports hall, where you can find more information in Norwegian.
There is a number of sports grounds in Kvam:
Football (soccer) grounds
- Strandebarm grasbane
- Norheimsund kunstgrasbane
- Øystese kunstgrasbane
- Strandebarm kunstgrasbane
- Tørvikbygd kunstgrasbane
- Øystese skule, kunstgras
- Ålvik idrettsplass, kunstgrasbane
- Athletics ground, Strandebarm idrettspark
- Smaller grounds for athletics in Ålvik and Øystese
- Golf court in Børve, Hardanger golf club
- Beach volleyball courts: 2 in Strandebarm idrettspark; 1 in Strandvegen, Norheimsund; 2 in Øystese at Kvam ungdomsskule
- Bike trial track: Haugamyr in Norheimsund
- Mini-pitches at Tørvikbygd skule, Norheimsund stadion and Øystese skule
- Street basketball at Kvam ungdomsskule
The main shooting range of Hardanger skyttarlag is situated in Vangdalsåsen, situated about 3 km from the main road, national route Rv 49 (go off towards Heradstveit at Eika in Tørvikbygd). The shooting association also has miniature shooting ranges in Steinsdalen (Dalatun), at Strandebarm idrettspark and in Fykse.